Sunday, November 4, 2012

Friday's Manicure: An Ombre That Finally Worked!

First, I was going to try to do chevrons with a technique that I found on YouTube. You just paint scotch tape with polish, then cut it with zig-zag scissors, and put them on your nails. But, my scissors did not work right for it, so I decided to do an obmre.


For the base I used I Need A Refresh-Mint from Wet N' Wild. I figured out that it's easier and looks better when I sponge on a polish of the same color, but different shade. That shade is called Marine Scene from Sally Hansen. That nail polish is my absolute favorite nail polish in the world and when I ran out and couldn't find it at the drug store, I was so sad because I thought that it was discontinued. But, later I found it! Anyway, I put Luxe and Lush from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection because I felt like it. I think it turned out so well and mermaid-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment