Friday, October 5, 2012

I Had A Craving...

Earlier today I had a baking bug and a craving for ginger snaps. So, I looked online for a recipe. I found one at allrecipes.com. You can get the one that I used here. It will pop up in a new window. Supposedly, it makes 36, but I got 40. More cookies, can't complain. What I like about it is that it doesn't require any crazy ingredients that you have to travel halfway across the world (or to the store) for. Most of these things you probably already have in your pantry. Except, I didn't have shortening, so my aunt suggested that I use oil. I used canola oil and, since I ran out of it, a little bit of olive.

Here's the outcome:


They're covered in sugar! And they look store-bought to me. Taste-wise, they are good. But, they're not as strong as others that I've had. But, they're yummy and that's all that matters!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try these sometime! Great post :)

    -Madison

    www.talltalesatteatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete