Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eve




One of my favorite YouTubers is Elle Fowler. In one of her videos, she mentioned a book called Eve. She said that she couldn't remember most of it, but what she did say about it made me curious to read the book.

A plaque kills off 98% of the population. Eve was one of the children that survived. After the plague, all the girls are sent to live in boarding schools. There, they have a good life and everything that they need. They are promised that they will learn for twelve years, then go learn whatever trade they want in the trade building for four. After that, they will go to the City of Sand, where they will live a perfect life. However, on the eve of her graduation, Eve sneaks out and discovers a disturbing secret. So, Eve runs away to try to find a place where the escaped orphans go.

There is not much I have to say about this book. There was no wow-factor. I wasn't lured in as many others I've read. Nothing suprised me or kept me on a cliff-hanger. But, it was still enjoyable. The concept of this society is interesting and intriging. However, I have seen many of these elements before. It's like the author tried to make the book similar to The Hunger Games. Of course, there is a boy. There was just something about him that didn't keep me interested in the romance aspect of the story. Normally, that's my favorite part.

I do reccomend Eve if you want something to read and I will read the sequel to it, but I just wasn't like "Wow! What a great book!". It is a nice story, but it's just not one of my favorites. I give it three and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment