Thursday, July 19, 2012

What I Made Last Night

At around 9-10:00 I had creative urges. It sucks when it happens late at night, but it's the summer, so I didn't have anywhere important to go in the morning. Since I felt like working with my polymer clay, I made an apple ring. I used the pastel sculptey set and some black clay (I can't remember the brand). The set had green, white, and yellow, so I made the band green. For the apple slice, I mixed white with a tiny bit of yellow, to make it a little more realistic. Then, I mixed green with a little white and yellow to make the skin. With a sculpting tool, I added texture to it. For the seeds and stem, I mixed black, white, and yellow to make a tiny bit of a dark brown. It took a while to get all the colors just right, but I think I made them perfect.


Since the band was made out of clay, it was flimsy. Once I got it in a perfect(ish) circle, I didn't want to mess it up. I baked them seperately and glued them together with a hot glue gun. The ring was a little loose on the sides, so I just put a little glue on the inside. The problem is, now it's almost too small! It fits, but it's hard to get over my knucle when I take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment